Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Welcome to Librarian in the Classroom

Welcome One and All,

This blog was actually started way back when in August of this year. However, due to a very busy semester (and life getting in the way), this is the first ever post. 
On break between the summer and fall semesters (more on that to come) with no classes to teach, I can utilize my free time to develop my creative urges.

To begin, a little about myself:
I graduated with a Masters in Information and Library Science in 2008, from Pratt Institute (the oldest continually ALA accredited school in the country). I had worked in academic libraries for two years, before switching from behind the desk in the library, to the front of the smart board of a classroom.
My current position is Assistant Professor of Information Literacy at a small, for profit college, in New York.

Ere go, the main focus of this blog will be to discuss curriculum, classroom management, developments in the library world, and all things related to Information Literacy. Now in my second year of teaching, I am ready to post an assortment of (mostly) professional musings, for a chance at collaboration with my peers and digital documentation of good ideas (record keeping is after all is at the core of librarianship).

Let's get started,
Librarian in the Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment